What we do:
- Attend IEPs with you
- Explain the IEP process
- Help families prepare for Special Education Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) meetings
- Strategize with parents to develop appropriate services, programs, and accommodations/modifications to meet the student’s individual needs
- Accompany parents to school meetings including IEPs to provide support, assistance, and direction
- Interpret and prioritize support materials, propose goals and objectives, and provide/rehearse strategies for the meeting
- Work collaboratively with parents and school staff to represent the student’s best interests in the educational process
- Review all documentation including: files, assessments, report cards, observation reports, etc
- Review IEPs, or any other documents with parents before signing
- Accompany families for classroom observation
- Draft letters, responses, complaints, and written requests to school and district officials
- Empower and educate families (including the student!) to strengthen their advocacy skills
What we do not do:
We do not practice law; we are not attorneys and do not give legal advice.
What we are is well-versed in the laws and regulations of school districts and in Federal and California state education laws.
We service Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Nevada counties.
Other areas also, please ask!